Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Treasure

There is no question for either Tiff or I that this is where our treasure lies (our bank account can certainly attest to this as well). We have had a very enjoyable holiday season- amidst the ice storms and the snow. After a mild Fall, Winter has blazed in with fury. If it isn't raining ice, or blowing snow, the sun will be shining, and the temperature will be in the single digits (as James's red nose attests). But this year has been very different than past years in Iowa, and we have begun to spend more time together, enjoying each other, and less time worrying about how we're going to make a go of it here. Sad that it has taken us two-and-a-half years to get to this point, but hopefully the next two-and-a-half years will be as smooth as the last few months have been. Some days, Iowa feels a little like home in this regard... One of the most enjoyable things we have experienced lately has been seeing Noah become more active in his willingness to take care of his younger siblings. He is a special boy - very pure in heart - and we probably push him a little more than we should. I have to constantly remind myself to let him know how wonderful of an example he is to our family. The other kids really love him, and so he plays an interesting leadership role in our family - with the other kids taking their cues from him regarding how they will treat each other. As you can see, his example is closely watched, and emulated. What an awesome kid!!!!



11 comments:

marilee said...

your kids are looking so old and much bigger since this summer!!! i miss you all beyond words. marilee

Gretel said...

I can't believe it! I was jumping from one blog to another and I found you!! The kids are adorable. Noah is your clone, Issac looks like Michael Summerhays, Lucy looks like Tiffany and James is just a mix. I'm glad to hear that you are surviving the midwest. Did you get our Christmas card? I guessed on the address. We miss you guys. Hopefully next time you come to SLC we can go to Cancun. Tell Tiff hi. If you are bored we are fellow bloggers. cdsampson.blogspot.com. So great to find you!!

Emily said...

Tiff,

I have thought of you often! Your family looks great! I sure do miss you. I found your Blog Through Merilees. Crazy because I found hers by accident.I guess it was meant to be. I would love to catch up! 4 kids-so exciting!

Emily

The Summerhays Crew said...

Yay! Finally more pictures. These pictures are adorable and I miss those kids like crazy..kiss them all for us. We love and miss u guys!

Becca said...

I sort of stumbled across your blog today and I'm totally excited. Your kids are so cute and I can't wait to read more about them! It does however make me miss you and all the fun we have had together. Hopefully this helps us reconnect a little bit!

Keith and Allie said...

Hey Adam and Tiffany! I can't believe how big your kids are! We starting blogging too! Check it out-it's a great way to stay in touch! Best wishes!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Pretty sure Christmas is OVER!!! Where are your new pics?? C'mon its the only way I get to see your kidlets, and we MISS them like crazy!! Love u

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

literaqueen said...

So I have to finally get in touch with you through a link to the Fletchers' blog because someone never returns phone calls . . .

I miss you guys! How did comps go? Are you surviving the dissertation stress? I miss having you guys right down the street! It's harder to chat when you're a few states west of me.

literaqueen said...

Okay, so I'm not sure when or if you check your blog comments, but I don't have your e-mail to invite you to my blog-- so here's the link, and I hope someone else reading your blog comments doesn't turn out to be a stalker: http://bensonrandomness.blogspot.com

I miss you guys!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Christmas? I want to see what you're up to this summer. Update the blog or I'll be forced to kill you.