Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lucy the Princess has a Birthday

My brother recently gave me a copy of "The Last Lecture" which turned about to be a rather profound book (thanks Jas). In it, the author, Randy Pausch, comments that one of his dying wishes (he is a professor with terminal pancreatic cancer) is that his daughter come to know that he is the first man who ever fell in love with her. I hope Lucy will always know that I am the first man that fell in love with her, and so no matter what dorkus comes along later in life (just kidding, my future son-in-law will be awesome, right?, right?, oh please, please, please...) she will always know that her daddy loves her without reservation, and without end. My daughter is not only beautiful, but she's tough - like her Mom. I'm glad to see this because it is one of her mother's best qualities. I have said this publically before, but Tiffany is one of the strongest and most willing people I know. Tiff does not give up, she does not relent, and she bears burdens that would probably crush me. Lucy is a little young for this, but the tenacity with which I watch her beat-up her brothers while wearing her best princess dresses and carrying a wand smacks of Tiffany all the way. When you couple beauty with what I've always called "piss-n-vinegar" (excuse the vulgar expression) you get sheer perfection!!! You go Luce!

6 comments:

marilee said...

Love Lucy Goosy!

Keith and Allie said...

She is beautiful....just like her mom too!

literaqueen said...

Lucy's beautiful-- and how did she grow up all of a sudden? She's gotta stop doin' that . . .

Aubrey Garff said...

I watched a segment on that book on Oprah! Lu is beautiful! I can't wait to see her. Don't let her forget her aunt Aubs

Fletch said...

Wow, that almost made me cry! Every little girl deserves to have such a tribute written about her by her father!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

I miss my little Lucy. I never fought with Tiffany because I was afraid she'd kill me. She's one tough chicka with an incredible sense of style.